Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Great music.

I love music.

There is amazing music all around us. So many different genres, bands, instruments, styles... Its impossible not to love music. Whether you listen to Death Metal or Classical, we all have a soft spot for this incredible medium of expression.

I'm going to let you in on a secret. OLD MUSIC IS FREAKING THE BEST! That wasn't grammatically correct at all, but I honestly couldn't have said it better. Bands like The Who, ACDC, The Doors, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin will carry on throughout the ages, long after the artists themselves have gone. There are only a few modern bands that I love as much as old bands.

These are bands such as Green Day, My Chemical Romance, and The White Stripes. My reason being; these bands are made up of true rock stars. They will never die out, because they are legends. The rock star gene pool has been sadly diluted due to the invention of rap and house music.

Even though there aren't as many rock stars out there these days, each generation will bring forth at least a few of them to spread the message of true rock out to those of us who are tasteful enough to listen.

I'm not in any way saying that rock is the only genre worth listening to, I also love Classical music, I like a few dubstep songs, a few folk songs, I love metal (melodic metal preferably), and indie etc. I could go on listing for hours. We all have our music addictions.

Here are some bands and artists to listen to if you agree with me so far:

Pink Floyd, ACDC, Jethro Tull, The Beatles, The Who, The Doors, The White Stripes, Jimi Hendrix, Aerosmith, Billy Idol, Bryan Addams, Eagles, The Clash, Franz Ferdinand, Green Day, In Flames, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Muse, My Chemical Romance, Oasis, Pixies, The Mars Volta, Prime Circle, Red Hot Chili Peppers, R.E.M, System Of A Down, The White Stripes and U2.

Keep reading,

Danny.

No comments:

Post a Comment